Skip to main content
The Assisi Institute Journal
- The Assisi Institute Journal seeks manuscripts from students, alumni, and faculty of the Assisi Institute that demonstrate a creative and scholarly approach to research into archetypal pattern analysis. The research should be both relevant to contemporary society and of an interdisciplinary nature, and appeal to a broadly educated readership. Originality of topic or approach is highly desirable. The Journal does not publish personal memoirs, fiction, or poetry, editorializing or political diatribes, work of a highly specialized nature, or with little to no contemporary relevance.
- Authors will submit articles for review by using the “Submit Article” tab on the Assisi Institute Journal homepage. The author’s name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript, in order to preserve the integrity of the double-blind review process. The article should be composed in Microsoft Word, double-spaced, use Garamond 12 pt font, use footnotes rather than endnotes, and only justify the left margin of the text. The Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition) is our authority in matters of style.
- Submission of an article entails the author’s agreement that it has not been previously published and is not being considered for publication elsewhere. Submission also entails agreement to grant the Assisi Institute “first use” rights to the work. This means that the Assisi Institute has the right to publish the article in an “open source” electronic form on the Digital Commons repository and maintain the article in its electronic form indefinitely, and also to publish the article in a print edition of the same issue. The author retains all other rights to the work, though the Assisi Institute requests that any republication of the article will note that it first appeared in the Assisi Institute Journal. Authors must submit a signed copy of the Author Publishing Agreement Form if the article is accepted for publication.
- Articles submitted to the journal should generally be between 5,000 and 10,000 words in length, though shorter or longer works will be considered.
- The Managing Editor will acknowledge receipt of all manuscripts. Authors will be notified of the decision about publication within 8-10 weeks after receipt of the manuscript. If the article is accepted for publication, the Managing Editor will send galley-proofs for review to the author. These must be returned within two weeks, together with a signed copy of the Author Publishing Agreement Form.
- Authors will receive two print copies of the journal.